Travel to Laos:
Tam's DMZ Cafe & Guest House provides booking service for travelers who wish to travel to Laos from Dong Ha city. The destinations and prices are reflected below:
- Dong Ha - Savannakhet: 470,000 dong or $20. Bus usually departs at 9:30AM daily. The duration of the trip is about 7 hours. This is an air-con seat bus.
- Dong Ha - Thakhet: 700,000 dong or $30. Bus usually departs at 11:30AM daily. The duration of the trip is about 10 hours. This is an air-con sleeping bus.
- Dong Ha - Vientianne: 940,000 dong or $40. Bus usually departs at 11:30AM daily. The duration of the trip is about 15 hours. This is an air-con sleeping bus.
The departure time is subjected to change according to the bus schedule but the times provided are the most common. The price includes pick-up from bus station/hotel to Lao bus stop, ticket for Lao bus, and service fee.
- The bus will stop at the border from 30 minutes to 1 hour for visa process.
- Visa to Laos must be paid in Laotian Kip or US Dollars.
- There is an ATM at Lao Customs Office for money withdrawal (in Kip).
- Travelers should keep an eye on their bus so that they will not get on another bus or miss their bus.
To other cities in Vietnam
Public transportation: By public bus
>> Travel to Phong Nha/Son Trach
Tam's DMZ Cafe & Guest House can help to book comfortable buses from Dong Ha to Phong Nha/Son Trach. There are three buses a day at 12am, 4.30pm, 6pm and 7pm. The trip takes around 3 hours. Price: 180,000 VND
>> Travel to Hue city
Buses to Hue from Dong Ha depart every 15 minutes from Dong Ha Bus Station. The trip takes around 1.5 hours. Price: apprx. 70,000 VND.
>> Travel to Dong Hoi city
There is no bus from Dong Ha to Dong Hoi. You must catch buses that leave from Hue city to Dong Hoi city. Tam's Cafe can support you to catch the right buses. Price: apprx. 70,000 VND.
>> Travel to Da Nang city
Buses to Hue from Da Nang depart every 45 minutes from Dong Ha Bus Station. The trip takes around 3.5 - 4 hours depending on the traffic. Price: apprx. 130,000 VND.
>> Travel to Hoi An
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus to Hoi An. You must take Da Nang bus and a connection bus from Da Nang to Hoi An.
>> Travel to Ninh Binh/Ha Noi
There are three sleeper buses from Dong Ha to Ninh Binh or Ha Noi. You should book them through Tam's DMZ Cafe & Guest House. Price: apprx. 400,000 VND. The same price is applied for both destinations.
Public transportation: By train
Since train schedule changes according to the Vietnam Railway Company, time schedule and prices vary according to the company.
Time schedule can be referenced here: http://giotaugiave.vr.com.vn/
Price scheme can be reference here: https://vietnam-railway.com/
- We charge $1 for ticket booking service
- If you book DMZ tour with Tam's DMZ Cafe & Guest House, service charge for ticket booking is free
Private transportation: By private car
- To Hue city: $35 (820,000 VND)
- To Phu Bai Airport: $40 (920,000 VND)
- To Dong Hoi city: $45 (1,000,000 VND)
- To Phong Nha/Son Trach: $72 (1,690,000 VND)
- To Da Nang/Da Nang Aiport: $75 (1,760,000 VND)
- To Hoi An: $80 (1,880,000 VND)
- More people, less cost per person
- Maximum per car: 3 persons